Elite Youth Sports are one of Oxfordshires largest sports coaching companies and we’re expanding! If you want to start a career in Sports Coaching or to further your knowledge and skills in a supportive thriving company, then look no further….
Apply for the opportunity to successfully complete the 1st4Sport Level 2 in Coaching PLUS the Level 4 Sport Coach apprenticeship qualification. Not only will you gain a recognised qualification you’ll also get valuable hands on experience working in a school and holiday camp environment.
Successful candidates will be employed by Elite Youth Sports as an apprentice and will be mentored through the programme by experienced and qualified Sports Professionals.
Level 2 in Coaching is a necessity to completed by Autumn 2023. If you’ve already completed a Level 2 in Sports Coaching you’ll start on the Level 4 straight away.
Overview of the qualification;
Level 4 Sports Coach qualification is designed to provide a vocational pathway into the provision of Children’s Physical Activity and School Sport delivery and development, best suited for those who enjoy learning whilst doing.
Those who complete this Apprenticeship will be suitably qualified with the knowledge, understanding and competency to deliver, plan, organise and assess the learning of children in a range of environments including the community and schools.
The 1st4sport Level 4 Sports Coach qualification prepares you for employment in a school sport setting and provides opportunities for you to work as a PE and School Sport Professional.
At the end of your successful completion, there are opportunities to be employed as a sports coach within Elite Youth Sports or move on to other external roles that could include Senior Children’s Activity Professional, a School Sports Coach or a School Sports Leader, a School Sport Volunteer.
Study Duration 12 -18 Months | Qualification Fee – Fully Funded
What we offer;
- Competitive Salary
- 20 Days Annual Leave plus bank holidays
- Full Nike Uniform
- Professional development and support
- Regular safeguarding and first aid training
- Internal opportunities for promotion
- Company pension
- Private Healthcare
- Employee discounts
- Incentivised Retention Bonus Scheme
To apply you must;
- Be at least 16 years of age to attend the programme of training
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (including listening, speaking, writing and reading)
- Have GCSE grades 4 or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- The successful applicant will be asked to complete an enhanced DBS check and safeguard training.
- Driving licence would be advantageous but not essential.
- Be willing to complete the Level 2 in Coaching qualification by Autumn 2023 if not already Level 2 Qualified.
Working Hours are from 30-37.5 hours per week depending on the candidate. Apprentices will be based in the office one day a week with the remaining hours at Oxfordshire primary schools developing hands on experience.
Salary for non level 2 holders starting from £10,500 and Level 2 Qualified coaches start from £15,500.
Please do not apply for the role if you do not live within sensible travelling distance of Didcot.